[collectd] Versions 5.1.1, 5.0.5 and 4.10.8 available
octo at collectd.org
Tue Nov 13 08:47:56 CET 2012
I've packaged a new round of patch releases for the 5.1, 5.0 and 4.10 branches.
They include numerous and for the most part the same bug fixes.
Most notably, the computation of the read and write latency in the Disk pugin
was done wrong. The fix will result in correct values, which are by a factor of
the "interval" setting higher, e.g. ten times higher in the default
Another important bug was fixed in the SNMP plugin: Previously, the subtree
matching only took the last part of the OID into account. This doesn't work for
some types of MIBs, e.g. when the last six parts of the OID represent the six
bytes of a MAC address. The new versions are able to handle this correctly.
The new version is available in source-code form from collectd's
download page. The direct download links are:
Thanks to everybody who helped with these new versions. In particular:
* Adrian Perez
* Benjamin Jacobs
* Brian Aker
* Bruno Prémont
* Chris Lundquist
* Daniel Sutto
* Dan Thomson
* Fabien Wernli
* Gerrie Roos
* Idan Kamara
* Jonathan Huot
* Manuel Luis Sanmartin Rozada
* Mathijs Möhlmann
* Pascal Hofmann
* Sebastian Harl
* Sven Trenkel
* Will Hawkins
* Yves Mettier
2012-11-11, Version 5.1.1
* collectd: Create new directories with mode 0777 and let umask remove
unwanted permission bits.
* collectd: Build issues have been fixed.
* collectd: An incorrect assertion has been fixed in some common code
for Solaris. This should resolve pseudo-random assertion failures
under Solaris. Thanks to Jeff Blane for his help debugging this.
* collectd: A couple of memory leaks through PThread thread attributes
have been fixed. Thanks to Gerrie Roos for fixing these.
* collectdctl: Fix PUTVAL for data sets with multiple data sources.
Thanks to Cyril Feraudet for reporting this problem.
* contrib/migrate-4-5.px: Handle to "df" to "df_complex" conversion
* apcups plugin: Improve the reconnect behavior.
* curl_xml plugin: The "Host" setting was silently ignored. Thanks to
Fabien Wernli for fixing this.
* df plugin: Ignore "rootfs" devices under Linux to avoid having them
reported twice. Thanks to Brune Prémont for fixing this.
* disk plugin: Fix incorrect computation of read and write latency (the
"disk_time" type). Previously, the numbers reported where too small
by a factor of "interval", e.g. when the interval is set to 10
seconds, the values were too low by a factor of 10. Thanks to Manuel
Sanmartin for reporting this problem.
* dns plugin: A build issue under Solaris has been fixed. A erroneous
define that could lead to the reporting of bad data has been fixed by
* ethstat plugin: An off-by-one error and potential use of
uninitialized memory has been fixed. Thanks to Mark Voelker for
reporting these problems.
* memcachec plugin: A bug in the configuration handling has been fixed.
Thanks to Pascal Hofmann for fixing this issue.
* mysql plugin: Fix a bug when registering multiple databases. Thanks
to Sebastian Harl for fixing this.
* netapp plugin: Correctly close the connection on communication
* netlink plugin: The function used to query statistics has been
changed to be more in line with iproute2's behavior. Thanks to
"KIvosak" for the patch.
* network plugin: Initialization of libgcrypt has been fixed. Thanks to
Chris Lundquist for his patch.
* oracle plugin: Error messages have been improved.
* ping plugin: Don't enter the exponential back-off mode when
ping_send() fails. This should make recovery after a network failure
* python plugin: Memory leaks have been fixed. Thanks to Tommie Gannert
and Sven Trenkel for fixing this.
* redis plugin: Fix a compilation problem on FreeBSD. Thanks to
"biancalana" for the fix.
* rrdtool plugin: Fix an out-of-bounds array access when printing a
warning message. Thanks to Will Hawkins for fixing this bug.
* snmp plugin: Support for the SNMP_ENDOFMIBVIEW return value has been
added. Support for more complex / unusual MIBs / subtrees has been
added. Thanks to Mark Juric to test the changes and point out these
* varnish plugin: Support for multiple instances of Varnish 3 has been
fixed. Thanks to Jonathan Huot for the patch.
* write_mongodb plugin: Add compatibility with libmongo 0.6.0 and
later. Thanks to Chris Lundquist for this patch.
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the collectd