[collectd] Notifications not working

Stian Øvrevåge sovrevage at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:31:24 CET 2012

Hi list, trying to configure notifications but I find the
documentation quite confusing.

My current non-working test config looks like this:

>From collectd.conf:

LoadPlugin exec
<Plugin exec>
  NotificationExec "user" "echo 'notification' >> /home/user/notiftest"
</Plugin>

LoadPlugin snmp
<Plugin snmp>

  <Data "cisco_cpu">
    Type "cisco_cpu"
    Table true
    Values "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal5secRev"
"CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal1minRev"
"CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal5minRev"
  </Data>

  <Host "test-switch">
    Address "10.0.0.1"
    Version 2
    Community "public"
    Collect "cisco_cpu"
    Interval 60
  </Host>

</Plugin>

 <Threshold>
  <Host "test-switch">
    <Plugin "snmp">
      <Type "cisco_cpu">
        Instance "1"	// Tried with and without this
         WarningMin    0.00
         WarningMax 8.00
         FailureMin    0.00
         FailureMax 12.00
         DataSource "cpu5sec" // Tried with and without this
      </Type>
    </Plugin>
  </Host>
 </Threshold>

The data is collected fine from the switch:

rrdtool lastupdate cisco_cpu-1.rrd
 cpu5sec cpu1min cpu5min
1352118105: 22.000000 10.000000 9.000000

But nothing is written to the notiftest-file so I'm assuming the
command is not executed.

I'm running collectd in foreground but it gives no errors there, nor
in the syslog.

Brgds,
Stian Øvrevåge