[collectd] struggling with oid that returns four values

ryanL ryan.landry at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 18:21:56 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Mark <gajillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ryan,
> If I'm not mistaken, your Instance MIB has to be in the same tree as your
> Values MIB. I looked up the MIB you're working with here,
> http://www.oidview.com/mibs/2636/JUNIPER-COS-MIB.html, and I'd suggest
> trying JUNIPER-COS-MIB::jnxCosIfqIfIndex as your Instance, and then whatever
> values you want.
>
> Mark

thanks mark. i was heading that direction in my thought process, so
it's nice to hear it confirmed. i did previously attempt to try that
oid, but it doesn't look like my switches like it. i'll have to take
it up with the juniper mailing lists :)

root at test-app-1 ~ # snmpwalk -v 2c -c 4sq-ro-SFyBjt23 fsaa-rs1 jnxCosIfqIfIndex
JUNIPER-COS-MIB::jnxCosIfqIfIndex = No Such Object available on this
agent at this OID

thanks again.

ryan