[collectd] IPTables plugin and the nat table

Tom Strickx tstrickx at rootcu.be
Tue May 15 14:13:10 CEST 2012

Hello,

For the past 2 days I have tried to get collectd to monitor the nat table,
especially the net_dnat chain, which is generated by Shorewall. But right
now, it refuses to work,
or even acknowledge the fact that I even configured the config file to do
so. No rrd files or directory is created for said rule, and thus, nothing
is logged. I confirmed the IPTables plugin working by making it log the
filters table (the default) and the Drop chain (again, Shorewall). This
worked flawlessly. So my question is, why won't it work for the nat table?
My relevant configuration:

    LoadPlugin iptables
    <Plugin iptables>
        Chain nat net_dnat