[collectd] New frontend for Collectd

Cyril Feraudet collectd at feraudet.com
Fri May 11 13:09:05 CEST 2012

php-rrd module is optional. Graph displaying is 10% faster with
this module.

If you want compile php-rrd :

- Ensure you have php >=
5.3

- Install these package : librrd-dev php5-dev php-pear

- launch
pecl install rrd

Regards,

Cyril

Le 11.05.2012 12:37, Jeremy MAURO
a écrit :

> Oh yes one more thing, I trying to setup the frontend on
debian squeeze and there a problem with the rrd module for php (doesn't
seems to exist on squeeze), trying to dig a lot more.

Cordialement,
> Jeremy MAURO
>
> On 05/11/12 11:51, Jeremy MAURO wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> This frontend seems promising, but I have some quick
questions:

>>> Apparently the collectd server has to push any
update in a mysql server (is that correct?) does that scale better then
using rrdtools?
>>> Secondly, on every client you are setting up the new
plugin 'top' what is it?

>> Thanks
>>
>> Cordialement,
>> Jeremy
MAURO

available : http://perfwatcher.org/ [1]

>>> It actually used here
in a French bank to monitor more than 4000 servers.

>>> Regards,

>>> Cyril Feraudet

Links:
------