[collectd] FQDN on CentOS/RH boxes.

Jeremy MAURO jmauro at antidot.net
Thu May 3 18:00:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

this could be due to the file /etc/hosts:

    On debian/Ubuntu the format is as follow:
    127.0.0.1       localhost
    127.0.1.1       fqdn <Short Name>

On Redhat/Centos the format could be very different but it should be:

    127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain   localhost
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX         shortname    fqdn

So make sure the fqdn is first and problem is gone :D

Cordialement,
JM