[collectd] Force StepSize on rrdcached plugin

Bruno Prémont bonbons at linux-vserver.org
Thu Mar 22 13:26:37 CET 2012

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:55:50 Stian Øvrevåge <sovrevage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Works beautifully! Thanks!
>
> If I have one future suggestion tho it would be some more granularity
> on how to create the RRD files based on the plugin parameters, such as
> snmp interval.
>
> For example, I do not need the same length of history for all types of
> data, also, min/max/avg does not make sense for all my measurements.
> But the most important is that I initially want to collect data from
> switches at say 60 seconds and CPEs at 5 minutes. I do however want to
> be able to collect at smaller intervals while troubleshooting, and
> hence the RRDs need to be created with smaller steps, but still
> different steps between switch and CPE...

That will be harder to realize as this information is not passed with
the collected data.

The nearest would be a list of rrdtool/rrdcached settings that could be
matched against plugins/types passing, eventually considering host and
instance information.

Probably doing something like:
<plugin rrdcached>
  <rrdopts>
    Pattern "regexp matching on host/plugin-inst/type-inst"
    RRD-settings
  </rrdopts>
  <rrdopts>
  </rrdopts>