[collectd] Bareword "LOG_ERR" not allowed while "strict subs"

Casey Vega cvega at mediatemple.net
Wed Jul 18 17:26:54 CEST 2012

Excellent. Testing is good and I like your approach.

I guess I'm still baffled as to why the Collectd module would use strict
and warning pragma when it doesn't actually adhere to either. In a nutshell
why not remove these all together?

I did try and removing both statements from the module appear to fix my
issue. I'm not sure what effect this would have in production and I surely
don't want to manage a custom package. In the meantime I've opted to build
a more simple package.

Thanks for the test module! Much appreciated.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 3:16 AM, <collectd at faxm0dem.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 04:51:29PM +0200, Poil wrote:
> > I'm really interested by your module, keep me up to date about it
>
> It's far from perfect, but you can grab a copy on github.
> Patches/bugreports are very welcome.
>
> https://github.com/faxm0dem/Test-Collectd-Plugins

*Casey Vega*
Software QA Engineer | (mt) Media Temple
Office: 3108415611
www.mediatemple.com | @mediatemple <http://twitter.com/mediatemple>