[collectd] Bareword "LOG_ERR" not allowed while "strict subs"

Casey Vega cvega at mediatemple.net
Thu Jul 12 02:38:06 CEST 2012

This thread set me straight:

http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/2008-April/001766.html

The problem that I ran into along with other users is that the
documentation states that in order to create a perl plugin one must
use Collectd.pm. This isn't an issue until you attempt to build
anything against Collectd.pm. I'd like (and maybe others) to build a
proper perl package for my environment but obviously cannot due to
this issue.

Would using no strict "subs" in Collectd.pm have any known adverse
effects? Is this something that cannot be considered due to known
issues?