[collectd] iptables, netlink, irq plugins seems not to work correctly

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Thu Jan 19 01:31:16 CET 2012

Hi all collectders :)

I've found this "old" thread about IRQ plugin not working correctly
(excessive logging of some unsuccessful parsing of strings as numbers). Old
thread is here:
http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/2011-July/004638.html

As I was submitting some patches before I suspected that my patches might
have introduced that bug mentioned above. I've created a patch for this,
you can download it from here:
http://source.a2o.si/patches/collectd-5.0.1-fix-irq-error.diff

Octo, please incorporate this patch in the next collectd release (if it
passes your coding standards, of course).
I've made parsing code a bit more intuitive and I've also added a few
additional comments.

Best regards,
b.