[collectd] Onewire Plugin

Phil White manx.biz at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:19:23 CET 2012

Hi All,

Thanks Tomas - all is working.
I'm afraid I didn't go with your patch in the end (mainly because I lost
the ability to automatically read a sensor without specifically including
the path location in the configuration). However, it pointed me in a
direction which enabled me to cobble together a working solution.

Apart from a very minor patch to the onewire module, most of the time was
spent on OWFS. i really didn't like the way this made the readings
available (under a sub-directory). Reading the comments, I suspect that
this is a OWFS design problem, rather than collectd.

If ever I get the time, I might look into this a bit more. Since i am
looking at a large system, hints & tips prior to this welcomed.

Best regards,

Phil