[collectd] Nightly cron jobs...

Josh Jacob josh.jacob at hansoninc.com
Wed Jan 11 18:19:03 CET 2012

Is anyone using collectd to track performance of batch scripts or cron jobs? I have some nightly tasks that take X amount of time and process N number of records. I would like to be able to gather the results for analysis over time so I could see when time/records are increasing. Is anyone using collectd for this or do you rely on something else for this kind of statistics gathering? If you are using collectd, how does it line up with other traditional statistics like CPU, memory, etc. that change more rapidly?

- josh