[collectd] BIND plugin - timezone issue

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Sat Feb 25 15:12:44 CET 2012

Hi Bruno,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:44:01PM +0100, Bruno Prémont wrote:
> In my opinion, only those limited Unix's should use mktime() or just
> use collectd's system time but all others use timegm()... choosing the
> right path via configure check.

that would mean that the plugin behaves differently on different
platforms, although it is doing something that's not platform specific.
I don't think I'd be a great fan of that. We could use timegm() if
available and fall back to mktime() if it is not, and always provide to
just use the local time if the users asks for it. What do you think?

By the way, most plugins just leave the time field empty and let
plugin_dispatch_values() fill it in, i.e. the time is the time after
libcurl has returned.

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org