[collectd] write_mongodb plugin activation

Jester jester at atlansys.com
Fri Feb 24 11:38:26 CET 2012

Hi all,

My message may need some precisions. I'm at the point where :
- I have a mongodb instance running fine
- I have downloaded and built the mongo c driver with scons. The test
program works fine until the replica part but I guess it's normal as I
only have one instance.
- I have downloaded the collectd archive that seems to support mongodb
backend : collectd-5.0.3.132.g0c6dcf3.tar.gz

When I run configure for collectd, I see "write_mongo.........no".

My question is : what do I need to do with the mongo c driver librairies
so that collectd sees them ?

I've tried copying them to several locations with no success. I saw that
someone had the exact same problem but managed to make it work but he
didn't explain how. That was Chris Lundquist,
http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/2012-January/004893.html

Thank you for your help !
Jester