[collectd] New plugin for collectd : write_mysql

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Sun Feb 19 12:09:10 CET 2012

Hi Cyril,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:54:01AM +0200, Cyril Feraudet wrote:
> Here the write_mysql output plugin patch (from 5.0.2) with
> modifications suggested by Octo.

thank you very much for your patch!

I've created the "cf/mysql" branch [0], to track development of this
plugin. I intend to do the following changes in the next couple of
weeks:

  * Move settins into a struct and pass it to the write function as a
    user data pointer. This way we can write to multiple databases at
    once.
  * Provide scrap space (most likely a struct) and do the statement
    binding _once_. I don't think that binding is an expensive
    operation, but it's annoying to go through this over and over again.
  * Change the schema to have one "data" table and an "identifier"
    table. Currently, the identifier is spread over the "host",
    "plugin", "type" _and_ "data" tables, which is sub-optimal IMHO.

If you'd like to work on some of those things, you're very welcome! Just
please let me know so we don't duplicate work.

Best regards,
—octo

P.S.: I've split out the "use mysql-config --lib_r" part and put that
      into the collectd-4.10 branch. It's included in the 4.10.6
      release. Thanks for spotting this!

[0] <https://github.com/octo/collectd/tree/cf/mysql>
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org