[collectd] Apache graphs don't render in collectd 5.0.2

Jacek Osiecki vjosh at silvercube.pl
Fri Feb 10 16:58:51 CET 2012

Hi,

I have been checking the possibilities of collectd lately. Finally
found the tool that does what I need... :)

However, when I was discovering various collectd plugins and versions
(depending on mysql and apache versions on my servers), I found out
that there is a problem with apache plugin on servers where I use
version 5.0.2.

Simply, the apache graphs do not show up. Instead, when I use
collectd-collection
CGI, I see in the apache logs:

[Fri Feb 10 01:11:51 2012] [error] [client 89.79.179.92] [Fri Feb 10
01:11:51 2012] collection.cgi: RRDs::graph: No DS called 'count' in
'/var/lib/collectd/http/apache-apache80/apache_scoreboard-dnslookup.rrd'
at /usr/share/collectd/cgi-bin/collection.cgi line 787., referer: (...)

and my apache.conf for collectd is as simple as possible:

<Plugin apache>
         <Instance "apache80">
         URL "http://127.0.75.1/server-status?auto"
         </Instance>
</Plugin>

The address is the address of local vserver.
On the other hosts, where I use version 4.9 - everything works great.

Any suggestions? I have tried some other interfaces like cgp - no
errors (probably hidden)
but still graphs don't show up :(

I tried collectd-web, but I'm still getting some problems with
launching it.

Best regards,
--
Jacek Osiecki