[collectd] Modbus segfault

Stefan Nickl stefan.nickl at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 7 22:46:30 CET 2012

Hi Matt,

on my side collectd worked apparently perfect (with debug, in foreground)
since my last mail.

But I just pulled the Ethernet plug on my PLC for a bit and the collectd
side does not recover - looking similar to what you sent - so that's a
start :)

My idea is that since collectd calls the plugin repeatedly anyways to just
check whether there is a connection (the getpeername() trick is something I
found on the net, not sure about caveats), if not try to establish one and
then give it a single try.

Hope to find some time soon to look into this,
Stefan