[collectd] dbi plugin with SQLServer

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 17:29:55 CET 2012

Is there anyone using collectd to monitor SQLServer??

I've compiled it with libdbi and freetds, everything is ok, but I can't connect

Here is my block
<Plugin dbi>
        <Query "dummy">
                Statement "use teste_db; select id from amado_tb"
                <Result>
                        Type "gauge"
                        InstancePrefix "dummy_select"
                        ValuesFrom "id"
                </Result>
        </Query>

        <Database "Teste">
                Driver  "freetds"
        	DriverOption "servername" "teste_db"
        </Database>
</Plugin>

I've tried DriverOption "host" "192.168.5.41" DriverOption "port"
"1433" but got it won't connect top..
Here is the error: dbi plugin: cdbi_connect_database (Teste):
dbi_conn_connect failed: dbi_conn_error failed with status -3
Here is my freetds.conf: http://sprunge.us/Kcgg

Connect with `tsql -S teste_db -U username -P password' just works

Best regards
Hilst

--
"Do or do not. There is no try"