[collectd] rrdcached connecting to an IP instead of unix socket

Wright, Stephen swright at comscore.com
Mon Aug 27 06:43:36 CEST 2012

Maybe this will help better explain what I'm trying to accomplish.  I'd like server A to be running and rrdcaching daemon.  I'd like server B to load collectd with the rrdcached plugin and set its daemon address to server A. So server A will be writing out all the rrds files. Server B sends updates to the rrdcached daemon on server A via IP address and on port 42217.
Do you know if anyone has gotten rrdcached plugin to work without a unix socket and just working by IP alone. I tried the patch to set the directories but that does not seem to work correctly.