[collectd] Collectd notification handler

Jason Stelzer jason.stelzer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:19:09 CEST 2012

Following up my own email...

I have a basic prototype working. i'm forwarding notifications on via
udp to a daemon that monitors and escalates as appropriate.

My next blocker is understanding the right way to decode the time in
the notification.

The plugin.h says the datatype is a 	cdtime_t. It looks like there's
some helper macros in utils_time.h

I expected CDTIME_T_TO_TIME_T to return the usual unix epoch seconds.
Is that sane? I ask because the number doesn't increase the way I
expect it to.

Obviously C isn't my strong point, but I'm seeing results and would
appreciate any help in finishing this off.

--
J.