[collectd] Max number of UDP sockets per collectd-process (NOT the file descriptor limit)

David Halko davidhalko at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 21:00:22 CEST 2012

Hi Teet,

That's a nice little patch!

What is the performance impact to adding all of those open/close
sessions, per device poll?

Hi Stian,

Does this work for you, without breaking up the collection into
smaller polling groups?

Can you "time" the multiple threads and "time" the single unified
thread, so we can see the user/real/sys time of each scenario?

Thanks - Dave
http://netmgt.blogspot.com/