[collectd] Collectd notification handler

DavidHalko davidhalko at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 08:22:56 CEST 2012

I have a similar need, need a non-programming solution.

How about appending to a file or named pipe, where a reader program could interface to it? This type of extension would work for me.

How about an SNMP Trap extension? That is how everyone else does it, in the network management world... this would be awesome, since snmp would be fast and easy to integrate to (netsnmp trapd or standard network management platform.)

Maybe syslog? That is the standard unix way. Any syslog reader could take it from there.

The community really needs a standard way to deal with these things, so we don't have to program to use the notifications in high capacity settings.

Thanks,
Dave
http://netmgt.blogspot.com/

Sent from my iPhone