[collectd] OKAY-notification doesn't contain the correct datasource name

Meier, Thomas thomas.meier at united-security-providers.ch
Tue Apr 10 16:39:50 CEST 2012

Hello everybody

an OKAY-notification of a plugin, whose type has multiple datasources, seems to
always contain the datasource name which is configured at the first place in
types.db.  I'm running collectd version 5.1.0.

Example:

Following threshold is configured in collectd.conf:
----
LoadPlugin threshold
<Plugin threshold>
   <Type "load">
      DataSource "midterm"
      FailureMax 4.0
      Persist true
   </Type>
</Plugin>
----

types.db is unaltered and contains the predefined "load" type having multiple
datasources:
----
load                    shortterm:GAUGE:0:100, midterm:GAUGE:0:100, longterm:GAUGE:0:100
----

If the "midterm" system load exceeds the value of the threshold's
FailureMax-value, a FAILURE-notification correctly containing the "midterm"
DataSource name is generated:
----
Severity: FAILURE
Time: 1334062483.266
Host: testhost
Plugin: load
Type: load
DataSource: midterm
[...]
----

Now, if the "midterm" system load decreases to a value below FailureMax, an
OKAY-notification containing the wrong DataSource name "shortterm" is
generated:
----
Severity: OKAY
Host: testhost
Plugin: load
Type: load
DataSource: shortterm
CurrentValue: 1.200000e-01
[...]
----

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Thomas