[collectd] snmp plugin: I don't know the ASN type "130" (OID: IF-MIB::ifIndex)

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Tue Mar 8 21:34:10 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 12:17:07PM +0100, Beck, Stefan wrote:
> how can I figure out, what device is generating this messages?

right now there is no way to find this out with collectd itself. I have
implemented reporting of the appropriate <data /> and <host /> block in
this case, the code is available in commit 70e16e5 [*].

I recommend you capture some SNMP traffic, for example using something
along the lines of "tcpdump -p -i eth0 -s 2000 -w /tmp/snmp.pcap udp
port snmp" and then use Wireshark on your workstation to find the
appropriate packets.

Regards,
—octo

[*] <http://octo.cx/70e16e5>