[collectd] Need advice: Perl or Pyhon for writing plugins?

Mariusz Gronczewski xani666 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:31:48 CEST 2011

Well simplest would be just running (any) program using "exec" plugin...
collectd will just restart it when it dies
But then logrotate is pretty much standard for any linux boxes and it's
included in repo of most UNIX-es, why reinvent the wheel ? Or use cron ('add
one line here' is not too hard even for pretty dumb clients ;))