[collectd] collectd

Abhishek Amberkar [अभिषेक] abhishek.amberkar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 08:11:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Валерий Шило <svv9 at mail.ru> wrote:
> Good day!
> Apologize in advance for bad English. Please help me with this problem.
> I have a network with a dedicated server running the daemon collectd, where
> the other server sends the stats I'm interested in the parameters (cpu,
> disk, memory, etc.). Sometimes the following error: "Filter subsystem:
> Built-in target` write ': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with
> status 2 (ENOENT). Most likely this means you didn't load any write plugins
> ".
> After viewing the site www.collectd.org I found a description of a similar
> error: http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Target:Write
> but this solution is not quite right for me, because if I do so, as it is
> written in this instruction, the recording of data will occur locally on
> each server.
> Configuration file server where all information is sent to the host is as
> follows:
> Interval 60
> ReadThreads 10
> LoadPlugin cpu
> LoadPlugin disk
> LoadPlugin memory
> LoadPlugin swap
> LoadPlugin load
> LoadPlugin uptime
> LoadPlugin users
> LoadPlugin df
> LoadPlugin interface
> LoadPlugin processes
> LoadPlugin csv
>
> LoadPlugin syslog
> LoadPlugin network
> LoadPlugin unixsock
>
> <Plugin "df">
>   FSType "ext2"
>   FSType "ext3"
>   FSType "ext4"
>   FSType "xfs"
>   IgnoreSelected false
>   ReportInodes true
> </Plugin>
>
> <Plugin "disk">
>   Disk "sda"
>   Disk "sdb"
>   Disk "sdc"
>   Disk "sdd"
>   Disk "hda"
>   Disk "hdb"
>   Disk "hdc"
>   Disk "hdd"
>   Disk "vda"
>   Disk "vdb"
>   Disk "vdc"
>   Disk "vdd"
>   Disk "md0"
>   Disk "md1"
>   Disk "md2"
>   Disk "md3"
>   IgnoreSelected false
> </Plugin>
>
> <Plugin "interface">
>   Interface "lo"
>   IgnoreSelected true
> </Plugin>
>
> <Plugin syslog>
>         LogLevel info
> </Plugin>
>
> <Plugin network>
>   Listen "0.0.0.0" "25826"
> </Plugin>
>
> <Plugin "csv">
> [...]

To run a "collectd" server you basically need to have minimum 2
plugins configured. a) network b) rrdtool. On "server" you need to
have both "network" as well as "rrdtool" plugins configured, whereas
on "clients" you just need to have "network" plugin pointing to
"server". Also make sure that your clients are able to resolve
"monitor1.company.net" ip.

--
With Regards
Abhishek Amberkar