[collectd] Commas as a thousand separator

Lee Essen lee.essen at me.com
Mon Jan 31 18:40:06 CET 2011

Hi,

I've only just found collectd, but it seems the perfect tool to use to collect my ADSL modem stats over a period of time. I'm up and running with the curl plugin and am grabbing the relevant page from my router, however many of the numbers I'm interested in have comma's as thousand separators and collectd doesn't seem to cope with that.

i.e.  3,040  or 12,450 or 2,345,123

Looking at the code for the curl plugin and then utils_match.c it just does a strtod on the matched string which will only ever convert the bit before the comma.

I can't believe I'm the first person to find this, so is there something I'm missing?

Many thanks,

Lee.