[collectd] Migratiom from rrdtool to rrdcached backend

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Tue Feb 22 10:52:02 CET 2011

Hi!

First a recommendation for wiki:

I've just found the paragraph wiki rrdcached plugin wiki page stating:
Note that if you were using rrdtool previously and are now turning on
rrdcached support, then you will need to recreate DataDir so that it's
empty and can be initialized by rrdcached. The rrdcached plugin will
fail to read from an existing non-rrdcached-initialized storage
location.
(Source: http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:RRDCacheD)

I recommend that this paragraph should be highlighted or something.
Not that I am unexperienced, but I failed to enable rrdcached backend
for collectd 2 times before and have almost given it up with "bah, it
does not work at all, don't bother".

Second, my real question:
Is there a simple way to migrate RRDs created with RRDtool plugin to
the RRDcached plugin?

Thanks,
b.