[collectd] exec/unixsock metrics not being sent to the server

Scott Dworkis svd.ganglia at mylife.com
Fri Dec 9 01:23:28 CET 2011

has something to do with an empty plugin name.  using a dummy plugin name
works (if you're inclined as i am to discount the plugin feature and
isolate instance namespaces in filename prefixes instead of directories).

i.e. i now plan to send all my metrics like:

PUTVAL myhost.fq.dn/dummy/gauge-myname N:2299366

previously i was trying to send metrics like this, which was NOT working:

PUTVAL myhost.fq.dn//gauge-myname N:2299366

i.e., gauge is a defined type on both client and server, so that's not the
problem.  the problem seems to be the empty plugin name.  not a big deal,
just my own stumble and observation.

-scott