[collectd] zeormq architecture inquiry

Allan Feid allanfeid at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:54:13 CEST 2011

Thanks Francois, the way the code is right now, the subscriber is the node
doing the bind, and the publisher connects to the subscriber. This would
mean that your central collectd process would be able to do the filtering
since it is the subscriber.

As far as AMQP goes, we have noticed scaling problems with the broker model,
where this box becomes complex to scale out and seems to be the bottle neck.
That is why ZeroMQ is appealing for this kind of situation.