[collectd] [Collectd] Host resolution

Jeremy MAURO jmauro at antidot.net
Tue Aug 9 23:52:05 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question for you, I am using collectd version:
4.10.1-1+squeeze2 (On debian Squeeze), could you explain to me how the
host resolution is made for the plugins network.

Let me explain the reason, on my collectd server I see rrdbases for the
hostname 'localhost' (of course it is not from my collectd server
itself), do cd ..I have a way to know which server is the sender? How to
I determine the trouble maker?

Of course I have 500 servers and it is not possible to stop the server
one by one :D

J M