[collectd] Packaging Collection4 for Ubuntu

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Thu Apr 21 09:50:32 CEST 2011

Hi Pander,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 09:14:07AM +0200, Pander wrote:
> For anyone who is interested, see the following packaging request for
> Ubuntu:
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/767302
>
> Providing extra information or a package candidate is welcome.

I'm also about to package C4 for Debian -- see [itp]. Do you have any
packaging available already? Imho, it makes sense to join forces to do
the packaging in Debian and then (auto-)sync the package to Ubuntu.

Btw, I'm going to install C4 to /usr/share/ (as that is the most
appropriate location according to FHS and Debian Policy imho) rather
than /opt/ or /var/www/ (both directories should not be touched by
packages but are intended for use by the local administrator only).

My initial packaging is available at [gto]. A bit more work is still
needed though, possibly including some changes to the upstream sources
(e.g., see my commits in collection4.git). Please feel free to
contribute to that ;-)

TIA,
Sebastian

[itp] <http://bugs.debian.org/597275>
[gto] git://git.tokkee.org/pkg-collection4.git