[collectd] Troubleshoot starting up collectd service

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Thu Apr 21 01:19:32 CEST 2011

Le Mercredi, 20 avril 2011 21:32:15 +0200,
Pander <pander at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit :

> # netstat -ulpn 25826
> Active Internet connections (only servers)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
> State       PID/Program name
> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:32820           0.0.0.0:*
>         1132/snmpd
> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:161             0.0.0.0:*
>         1132/snmpd
> udp        0      0 83.96.x.y:25826     0.0.0.0:*
>     8226/collectd
>
> Seems OK

Well, for what its worth, I recently had a problem in which everythign
seemed pretty much OK.  Listening on the server side, sending on the
client side and receiving on the server side (verified with tcpdump).
Listening on the right port.  All seemed OK.  But, the firewall had no
hole to let that port in.  With tcpdump it is possible to see the
packets coming in, but that does not mean that they are not dropped
before reaching the application.  So I had to open port 25826 in the
firewall.  And then data was received and rrd files created.