[collectd] MySQL plugin reports wrong numbers on mysqld restart

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Mon Sep 27 13:44:54 CEST 2010

Hi all!

Has anyone else noticed that MySQL plugin reports wrong numbers when
mysql is restarted and collectd is not?
It seems like it takes absolute value of i.e. queries per second (0
when mysql is restarted minus i.e. 8 million just before restart) and
calculates abs(- 8 million) = 8Mqps.
If I restart MySQL every 2 months there is nothing I can see on the
graphs because those restart spikes are so high that everything else
is depressed down to zero.

Does anyone have a fix/suggestion of fix for this?

Thanks,
b.