[collectd] Collection 4 - Two programs you should check for in configure

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Tue Sep 21 08:23:33 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

thank you for reporting this problem!

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 03:30:00PM +0200, Andreas Maus wrote:
> To cut a long story short, I think the configure script should exit
> with an error if lex/flex and bison/yacc are not found.

f?lex and yacc|bison are only required when building the sources from
scratch. The tarballs created by "make dist" will include the generated
.c and .h files, so lex and yacc are not required when building a
release.

You are however right that we should make it easier for a user to find
this out. As a first step I have added a note regarding this to the
README file. I'll probably also change the new "autogen.sh" file to
report an error in this case.

Best regards,
--octo
GnuPG: 0x0C705A15