[collectd] total tcpconns

Kimo Rosenbaum kimor79 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 18:30:47 CET 2010

Hello,

We have about 400 servers running collectd sending to 2 central servers. We
recently enabled tcpconns with ListenPorts true and a few defined remote ports.
Some of our servers have many short lived random listening port connections.
This causes many directories and files to be created. One of our servers has 7G
worth of rrd data for tcpconns - 11000 directories corresponding to 11000
listening ports. Disk I/O on the 2 central servers is really suffering.

Is there a way to just get a single total tcpconns directory (in addition to any
individually defined local/remote ports)?

Thanks
Kimo