[collectd] collectd on solaris10 sparcv

DLSirrine at upsfreight.com DLSirrine at upsfreight.com
Wed Nov 17 20:00:23 CET 2010

It looks like that the error has/had nothing to do with this issue I was
seeing.  My iptables were wrong, allowing TCP and not UDP.

Florian Forster <octo at collectd.org>
11/17/2010 12:21 PM

DLSirrine at upsfreight.com
cc
collectd at verplant.org
Subject
Re: [collectd] collectd on solaris10 sparcv

Hello anonymous user ;)

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:53:29AM -0500, DLSirrine at upsfreight.com wrote:
> SO_BINDTODEVICE will not work with Solaris. wondering if there's a
> workaround.

You're right, that option is not available on Solaris. I'm assuming you
have the problem within a <Server /> block. If you need the "Interface"
option within a <Listen /> block, could you please elaborate why you
need it?

The common way (and the reason why this option is rarely used) is to let
the operating system chose which interface / source address to use. It
usually does this using the routing table.

An alternative for Solaris might be to add a "BindAddress" option to
<Server /> blocks. This is something we would need to add to the
sources, though -- there's no code available currently.

Last but not least: The node name given is passed to getaddrinfo(3). It
*might* be possible to add the interface name to the address, for
example to use IPv6 link-local addresses. I have absolutely no idea if
this would work with other addresses as well, and I'm certain that using
link-local addresses is an "interesting" (read: bad) idea. But if you
must try, it should work somewhat like this:

  Server "fe80::d55f:1534%eth0"

Hope this helps.. Regards,
--octo
GnuPG: 0x0C705A15
http://octo.it/
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by David L. Sirrine/IS/Overnite]