[collectd] attempting to use gmond plugin with collectd

Raymond Flanery flaneryrejr at ornl.gov
Fri May 21 18:19:51 CEST 2010

I have a cluster running ganglia and am trying to use the gmond plugin
to collect the data and dump it to csv files. I cannot find any examples
of working implementations on the web so am shooting in the dark here.

Has anyone used this plugin, and if so, could you give out some details
on how to get it working? The only plugins I have turned on are syslog,
gmond and csv. if I start collectd the records in syslog look like the
following:

collectd[18878]: Initialization complete, entering read-loop.
collectdmon[18852]: Warning: collectd terminated with exit status 127
collectdmon[18852]: Warning: restarting collectd
collectdmon[18852]: Error: collectd is respawning too fast - disabled
for 300 seconds

--
Raymond E. Flanery, Jr.
GIST Group, ORNL