[collectd] Configure script for Python module

Tim Henrich tim at g.tdinternet.com
Wed May 19 19:40:38 CEST 2010

I just spent some time trying to get collectd to recognize my Python
installation.

Now, I'm wondering why the configure script is using the distutils.sysconfig
module to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS instead of python-config?

My python-2.5 installation was reporting an incorrect library location from
the sysconfig module (not sure why), but python2-5.config --libs shows the
correct location and I had to manually insert those into the configure
script to get a clean configure.

Thanks in advance.

--
Tim Henrich