[collectd] I don't know the ASN type

Flyinvap Flyinvap at orange.fr
Sat May 8 16:56:50 CEST 2010

Le Fri, 7 May 2010 15:12:54 +0200,
Flyinvap <flyinvap at orange.fr> a écrit :

> As I understand, "5" is not an ASN_INTEGER, an ASN_UINTEGER, an
> ASN_COUNTER, an ASN_TIMETICKS or a ASN_GAUGE but I don't know C so I
> can't debug anymore :-(

Some hours later ... 5 is the value for ASN_NULL !

#define ASN_NULL            ((u_char)0x05)

asn1.h [1] from net-snmp define this constant. Some snmpgets return
null value. A tcpdump later, I found some oids not known by equipment
so null value is returned.

Is it possible to have oid included in message for this type log ? I
can be useful to find quickly the wrong data.

[1] http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/dev/agent/asn1_8h-source.html

Regards.

--
Flyinvap