[collectd] nanosleep configure tests

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Fri Mar 26 13:20:52 CET 2010

Hi Vincent,

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:55:32AM +1100, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
> I found another discussion of this
>   http://lists.apple.com/archives/Darwin-development/2002/Apr/msg00408.html
> that suggests the patch is more like
>
> - AC_CHECK_FUNCS(nanosleep, [], AC_CHECK_LIB(rt, nanosleep,
> nanosleep_needs rt="yes"], AC_MSG_ERROR(cannot find nanosleep)))
>
> + AC_CHECK_FUNCS(nanosleep,,[AC_CHECK_LIB(rt,nanosleep,LTHREAD_LIBS="$LTHREAD_LIBS
> -lrt",[AC_CHECK_LIB(posix4,nanosleep,LIB="$LTHREAD_LIBS -lposix4")])])

Thanks for reporting this and digging up a solution!

The attached patch should integrate this fix into the collectd build
system. Could you please verify that this works for you? I don't have
Solaris around to test the patch myself.

The patch is also available in the sh/collectd-4.8 branch in
git://git.tokkee.org/collectd.git (to be merged by Florian, who will
then merge it into 4.9 and master).

To apply the patch, do (in the toplevel source directory):

  patch -p1 < posix4-check.patch

To rebuild the build system, do:

  make configure

If that does not work (e.g., in case your autoconf version does not
match), do:

  ./build.sh

… and then re-run "configure".

TIA,