[collectd] Thresholds: xxx has not been updated for yy seconds

Schmurfy schmurfy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:43:20 CET 2010

I checked the logs of the collectd instances with problems but there is not
much in it, only some warning about configuration block with disabled plugin
which shows i have to do some cleaning after my tests :p
For now I will follow your suggestion and increase the number of miss for an
alert to be triggered but as you said it is only a workaround, I still do
not have any clue about why this happens, the servers are not under heavy
load, network between them is fine ( all hosted in the same datacenter and
when sniffing network i can se the packets each 10s, it is just that some
counters are missing in them... ).

Interval is set to 10s for every node and none of our monitored data
requires actions in the minute so getting an alert about a missing machine
after the server was missing for even 60s is acceptable.
It still puzzle me and I really want to find a solution but at least I can
use alerts now ^^
And I forgot to write it in first email but all servers
are synchronised with an external timeserver (multiple servers in fact in
case of failure).

Thanks for your answer.

Julien A.