[collectd] Question on apple_sensors plugin

Scott Harris collectd at webhounds.net
Tue Jun 22 05:09:06 CEST 2010

Howdy all,
   I'm trying to get apple_sensors up and running on my MacBook Pro.  The
base
collection stuff is working great, load, memory, interfaces etc.  Today I
tried loading
the apple_sensors plugin and see this:

plugin_dispatch_values: Dataset not found: gpu

After poking through the code, I'm guessing it is because apple_sensors.c
doesn't
contain any code to handle the gpu, only temp, fanspeed, voltage and adc.
 Consequently
none of the apple_sensors stuff works.

Is adding the gpu processing just a matter of adding the necessary code to
apple_sensors.c
and updating the types.db?  I'm more than willing to update it.  If there is
a wiki or docs I
should be reading, please feel free to tell me to RTFM ;)

Thanks,

Scott