[collectd] rrd2flot: Client side canvas based charting of collectd rrd data

Richard Wall richard at the-moon.net
Mon Jun 14 02:02:20 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> wrote:
> sounds very interesting :) It's be great if you could create a
> "rrd2flot" wiki page and add your front-end to the list of front-ends in
> the wiki [0]. You need to create an accout for uploading screenshots;
> everything else you can create / change without logging in.

Sorry for delayed reply. I finally got round to updating the wiki and
added a screenshot:
 * http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Rrd2flot

I've made quite a few improvements to the script, but its still quite
rough around the edges and I haven't thought of a good name for it.
Code is available on Launchpad, alongside a mirror of the
javascriptRRD library that it relies on.

bzr branch lp:~richardw/javascriptrrd/rrd2flot

I hope to make further improvements in the coming weeks, but I'd be
interested in feedback if anyone cares to try it out.

I haven't documented this yet, but to get it working, you need to
either manually create a javascript list of available rrd file URLs or
use a server side file / script and generate the list on the server
side. See index.html ~Line 130

{{{
// Download a list of available rrd files and use it to generate
// any viable chart recipes

// Dynamically generated list of rrd urls
//$.getJSON('rrd_finder.rpy', initialiseCharts);

// A static json file containing a list of rrd urls
$.getJSON('rrd_list.json', initialiseCharts);
}}}

-RichardW.