[collectd] Varnish plugin

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Tue Jun 8 22:45:47 CEST 2010

Jérôme,

> can you please pull the changes from my branch:
> - http://github.com/jeromer/collectd/
>
> I just pushed Florian's patches and if you follow what I said in my
> previous email [1] about pkg-config you
> should be able to compile the Varnish plugin on your Debian (I did not
> try on RHEL yet, sorry).

As soon as you wrote about this -lvarnishcompat trick, I was able to build
the varnish plugin on redhat 5.5 without any trouble. Later I even applied
the patch to the 4.9 branch and built it successfully. Thanks for figuring
that out !

I understood that the main varnish developer was also a freebsd developer.
This might explain why strlcpy is used, and the reason of this
varnishcompat library for linux...

In any case, the plugin seems to work fine. Values are written to RRD files
every now and then, and I didn't notice any coredumps or dreadful log
messages.

I'll continue to play around with this plugin until I have graphs of my
varnish production machines. So I'll let you know of any other issue I come
across.

Thanks !
Marc