[collectd] libtoolize fails from build.sh

Petrin, Benjamin b.petrin at WPI.EDU
Wed Feb 24 13:01:05 CET 2010

Looks like I needed libtool-ltdl-devel.

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:04:05 -0500
From: "Petrin, Benjamin" <b.petrin at WPI.EDU>
Subject: [collectd] libtoolize fails from build.sh
To: "collectd at verplant.org" <collectd at verplant.org>

Hello,

I'm trying to get started on writing a plugin for collectd. When I run build.sh, libtoolize fails with this message:

libtoolize: 'COPYING.LIB' not found in '/usr/share/libtool/libltdl'

Not knowing too much about libtoolize, automake, and autoconf I'm pretty much stuck after some searches turned up little relevant or helpful information. I'm trying to build on Fedora 12 and can see /usr/share/libtool only has one subdirectory called "config". Am I missing something?

Thanks and best regards,

Benjamin Petrin