[collectd] dns plugin patch

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Feb 10 14:34:59 CET 2010

Hi Amit,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 05:13:22PM +0530, Amit Gupta wrote:
> I am trying to build collectd (4.8.1) on OpenSolaris but it fails to
> build due to the following error:

> There seems to be two issues:
> - s_addr member already exists in netinet/in.h on Solaris/OpenSolaris
>   and thus changing the variable name in utils_dns.c will fix this
>   issue.

> -    struct in6_addr s_addr;
> +    struct in6_addr saddr;
>      struct in6_addr d_addr;

okay. Could you rename "s_addr" to "src_addr" and "d_addr" to "dst_addr"
then?

> - struct ip6_ext is defined in netinet/ip_compat.h for Solaris
>   10/OpenSolaris and thus needs to be included in utils_dns.c.

> +#define SOLARIS2 10

What does this define do? Can you document that in the code so the
casual reader knows what's going on?

> +#include <netinet/ip_compat.h>

That file isn't available under Debian Linux. Could you find out if
that file needs to be included before / after some other file (there are
such limitations under BSD for other netinet/*.h files) and add an
appropriate check to the configure script?

>  # include <netinet/in_systm.h>

It's probably a good idea to base the check for <netinet/ip_compat.h> on
the check for <netinet/in_systm.h>.

Regards,
—octo