[collectd] Different OS for server and client

Wallace, Ann Ann.Wallace at nike.com
Fri Feb 5 06:07:22 CET 2010

> Did you use the "--with-fp-layout" option when running configure?
> Specifying the floating point layout manually should be the only case in
> which that message isn't shown. Maybe you could provide the entire log?
> Maybe I stumble upon something of interest I don't think of right now.

I did because 32bit Solaris SPARC fails with:

checking if doubles are stored in x86 representation... no
checking if endianflip converts to x86 representation... no
checking if intswap converts to x86 representation... no
configure: error: Didn't find out how doubles are stored in memory. Sorry.

if I compile Linux 64bit and Solaris SPARC 64 bit without it it works fine.

I can get it to compile on 32bit Solaris SPARC with --with-fp-layout=nothing but it still is not recording values correctly for 64bit Linux.