[collectd] Configuring/compiling collectd with Java support on Mac OS X

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Feb 4 09:58:28 CET 2010

Hi Geoff,

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 05:43:51PM -0500, Geoffrey Arnold wrote:
> I tweaked the configure script to reflect the location of the required
> directories (the issue is that the `find` command used in the
> configure script does not traverse symlinks by default)

Unfortunatly, the option required to follow symbolic links is not
specified by POSIX and failed on some systems, iIrc some BSDs.

But you don't have to edit the configure script to specify the paths
manually. Try this:

  JAVA_CPPFLAGS="-I/Library/Java/Home/include" \
  JAVA_LDFLAGS="-L/Library/Java/Home/bundle/Libraries -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/Library/Java/Home/bundle/Libraries" \
  JAVAC="/Library/Java/Home/bin/javac" \
  ./configure $MORE_OPTIONS

This way you can manually specify the CPP-, C- and LD-flags used when
compiling the java plugin. It's not nice, but it should work for all
installations of Java.

> I believe that the issue is with finding libjvm.dylib.

Can you provide the "config.log" created by the "configure" script? It
should contain *why* the java plugin was disabled.