[collectd] Collectd segfaults with curl 7.21.2

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Wed Dec 15 07:12:37 CET 2010

Hi Bostjan,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 04:16:21AM +0100, Bostjan Skufca wrote:
> I just want to note that on my systems (custom builds on top of
> Slackware) collectd 4.10.1 and .2 segfaults when libcurl v 7.21.2
> (latest currently) is used. If I revert curl to 7.20.1 collectd works
> with no problems. These segfaults occured on both, 32 and 64 bit
> systems.

could you build libcurl and collectd with debugging symbols and,
ideally, without optimization. Then try to get a stack backtrace of the
crashing program. How to do that using core files is described in our
wiki at [0]. This will be of much help to pinpoint the problem and fix
it.

Best regards,
--octo

[0] <http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Core_file>